Why getting a rubber roof should be your priority
Image Credits: 123RF Stock Photo
Rubber Roofing: What, Why and How?
The weather in England was predictable once upon a time. Now, you should be prepared for torrential downpours or mild temperatures on unexpected days. In terms of property owners, it is high time to get their house prepared for the evil games of climate in the Huddersfield. One of the ways to protect your house or commercial building is by opting for rubber roofing. It ensures that your roof stays safe and keeps the effects of weather at bay.
What is Rubber Roofing
Rubber roofing is basically a hard rubber covering that serves as outer protecting membrane for your roof. It helps in resisting the damages of rains, strong winds etc. Rubber roofing can be installed by professional roofers only. They use a certain type of rubber and fix it with strong adhesive. In the end, a waterproof tape is used on all seams. There are plenty of rubbers available in the market for this job but most commonly used is ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM).
How to install it
Rubber roofing is an effective medium because of its flexibility as it can fit any surface. You can consider this option for any domestic or commercial building, garage, school, warehouse etc. EPDM rubber roofing ensures that the roof is protected and add years to the roof life.
Advantages of Rubber Roofing
- Rubber roofing is a better option than tar, gravel, asphalt or concrete as it provides a solid barrier between your house and the environment.
- Unlike other roofing options, EPDM doesn’t break or crack. It is resistant to temperatures ranging from -50C to 150C.
- Rubber roofing is a cheaper option as compared to other alternatives. A good quality EPDM can provide protection up to 50 years.
- Rubber roofing also has an impact on the insulation of the house, meaning the cost of electricity and heating bills will be reduced dramatically throughout the year.
- Rubber roofing (EPDM) does not pollute rainwater. So all the folks worried about the contaminated rainwater can trust EPDM. Also, the water is safe and pure enough to be used in any rainwater harvesting system.
- Rubber roofing not only adds aesthetic value to your roof by presenting a smooth flat roof surface but it also has financial benefits while selling the house.
Contact Roofers in Huddersfield
In case, you also want to go for rubber roofing or just get a consultation from an expert roofer, feel free to contact any roofers in Huddersfield. Eagle Roofing is well-established roofers in the town with over 30 years of experience. You can get in touch with them to get a free quote and consultation about the rubber roofing.