Whenever it is about adding some additional space to your home, conversion of your loft can be an ideal way in every manner. It not only saves you the cost to be incurred at upheaval of the moving house but at the same time adds to the value of your property. In this process, getting the perfect ventilation and light are indeed crucial. Your loft should be an airy space with appropriate light that one may look up to. Fitting a velux window is considered to be perfect while transforming the dark attic in to useable space which is beautiful as well.
Therefore, make sure that you are hiring services of a reliable and professional roofing contractor to get the velux window installation done for you. When you set out to find one for you, it is highly suggested to follow the underlined tips.
First thing you need to do in this regards is to measure the size of the window that you would prefer for your place. Positioning of the window also matters a lot. Make sure that you measure the opening dimensions of your window in the roof exactly. For this you will have to remove the riles or slates from the stipulated area of the roof and cut through the underneath rafters. It needs to be ensured that there is a sufficient support between the roof beams and the floors so that they are capable of taking the weight until the dwangs are cut and then fitted. Other things to be careful about include the following:
- Velux window must be laid flat in order to be unpacked and then opened with great care
- You will have to remove the glass from the frame for the fitting purposes. It can be done by pushing the small pins that are located in the hinges
- Make sure that the brackets are fixed in to the 4 corners of the window frame with the help of provided screws
- The frame should then be places on the baton’s top and fixed in the particular place with the help of screws
- Fit the window in flat direction in relation to the roof. If necessary make use of the black wedge to ensure the stability of the window
- You can now install the flashings all around the window. Begin with the lower flashings first.
- After the installation of flashings, tiles or slates can now be replaced.
- Reinstall the glass while window passing upside down via roof opening. Hinges should be in their respective position as if the window is closed. Lugs will be opened. Holding the window in place. Window then can be rotated and safely closed.
Looking at the sensibility of the velux window installation it is suggested to you to hire the services of reliable roofers in Huddersfield.
Eagle Roofing in this regards can serve the purpose very well. We are a family owned business serving the industry for more than 30 years. Being residents of UK, we are very well aware of the requirements of the locality as well as weather conditions. Therefore, we can serve you with the best loft conversion and velux window solutions. You can always access our official site i.e. www.eagle-roofing.co.uk for more details. We offer an array of services that includes roofing, re-roofing, flat roofs, gutter and chimney repairs, and velux windows etc. You will get all the related details by accessing our services. You will not regret working with us in any manner.